Monday 16 February 2009

Martin has a girlfriend, it'll end in tears.


I have worked soo much this last month I am zombie. I am still alive though, I think.
Sainsbury's counters situation is going tits up, manager can't cope, she did something silly, she's been downgraded. We now don't have a counter's manager. I am wondering who is going to do the timetables and check the dates on the bottom of the cheeses.
I like the job. If I get annoyed about anything, which is rare, I have this saying, well I'll leave then. I usually say it to myself, and it makes me giggle. She said I was bottom priority for my holiday, in August, 2 weeks, cos I was last to join, and I said, if I don't get it approved, well I'll leave then. That's what makes the job so great. I do it cos I want to do it, it's my time out from my real work, my transcription work, I can walk out any time I want.
Sometimes it's a shame I can't say the same about my home life. What I would give for a manicure, pedicure, massage, facial and hairdo, a bit of pampering.
I'm going for a catnap, 40 winks, whatever, I'm so tired I don't care what it ends up being, I just can't keep my eyes open. I remind myself of a piece of old tissue laying on the side of the pavement, old, used, forgotten, tatty. But I'm not snotty.

I didn't have a snooze, I tried, but I couldn't, my brain wouldn't be quiet. So I have been trying to print out some bits to make some cards, but my printer is driving me mad, it wont print out the same colour as what is on the screen. At all. I spent aaages trying to sort out the gamma and RGB and CKY and ICC and ICM settings, trying to match the profiles between my photoshop and my printer. GGggrrrrrrrr. I give up now.

talking of giving up, I have, again, 24 hours.



I treated myself to a bottle of this last week. Now I don't normally pay out for skincare anti wrinkle creams with holypollyhydraulakline paracknosol, but I felt like a treat. It was just under 15 quid and claims to minimise pores, of which I do suffer with. I have larger pores on my cheeks, which I guess could be greasier area, but a dry, flaky nose, so I guess I have combination skin. I have been using it for three days now, can't say I have noticed much difference, but because of not having to leave the house I haven't been applying make up or particularly looking closely at my face. I did have an inspection this evening and found three rather large blackheads, which I assure you weren't there the other day, so I don't know if this cream is doing good by 'drawing out' toxins, or if it is just causing zits! Give it a couple more weeks of use and I'll let you know if I look ten years younger.

Oh yes, I might go get all my hair chopped off later this week.

4 comments:

Delores Getmeslippers said...

Why you say Martin girlfriend end in tears, I thought he had a girlfriend. Let me know if your cream works, does it have cracknofill in it or is it flatoline?

sparkx said...

I just have a feelin about 'the girlfriend' you know, a mother knows best kinda feelin!

Anonymous said...

OMG mate - PTY by MJ, you just took me back to being 12 in your bedroom sorting out our badges we'd got from the market, awwwwwww.
I've really missed your blog - good luck with the quit, am rooting for you. Massive rumours that S'burys is coming to Hythe and if so, I could become a fellow employee!! Cassa xxxx

Delores Getmeslippers said...

I have just found out that creams can't help stop the aging process. Giving up cigs can though. x x x x x